Do your part for art.
ICA San Diego welcomes volunteers who have a passion for visual art and a desire to work in an enriching environment.
ICA San Diego Engagement Guides will provide a friendly and energetic presence by helping visitors engage with contemporary art. Engagement Guides will facilitate interactive experiences focused on ICA San Diego’s exhibitions during open hours, events, tours and workshops. Engagement Guides can be active at either or both of the ICA San Diego locations.
What You Do
• Attend initial orientation and training workshops (10 hours total)
• Attend 5 Engagement Guide meetings and 7 artist walk-throughs per year
• Maintain an ICA Membership
• Work at least 24 shifts per year
• Greet and welcome visitors, conduct tours, answer questions, and provide information about artworks, artists, programs, and events
• Inspire creativity by helping visitors see the world in new ways by introducing them to talented artists and inspired art
What It Takes
• Passion for contemporary art and ideas
• Great communication skills
• A genuine interest in engaging with diverse audiences
• Willingness to learn and share
• Stamina and energy to move around the gallery
• Meet interesting people from all over the world
• Interact with working artists and experience first-hand exposure to the creative process
• Contribute to your community by facilitating meaningful experiences with the visual arts, architecture, and the native landscape
• Learn more about contemporary art from curators, art historians, and the artists themselves
• Join a dynamic, passionate, and creative team dedicated to connecting visitors with contemporary art through shared experiences
For more information on how you can volunteer at ICA San Diego, contact:
Carla Roemer, Community Engagement Liaison